Thursday 26 April 2012

Production Diary


During the production of the opening sequence for our film, I was supposed to be keeping a diary of production as I went along but I must have forgotten and didn’t do it. I will have to write out as much as I remember.
First off, we had to plan our film out so I wrote out a script later when I got home. We also agreed that we would shoot the majority of it at my house, in the film studio in the college and the rest at the Groves school. We also said we would shoot in a small alley in the college but we didn't need to after all.
Our next lesson, we got the camera, tripod and mic and went to my house to shoot the main part of our film's opening sequence. We had the script printed out so we shot each person saying each thing all at once...by that I mean, the camera would be on Luke M and he'd say ALL his lines then do the same with me. We would put the dialogue in the right order during the editing process. Before hand, Jason shot some cut away shots like recording the clock or the fish tank in my house. The filming was successful and took about an hour to do.
Next lesson, we recorded more at the Groves school which were for the flashback scene. We had Luke M's friend, Charlie in to help, along with Haydn (another media student). They played the mob boss' goons. The majority of what we shot didn't go into the final project but we shot random, on-the-spot shots and cut aways which took us about an hour. The random, on-the-spot shots did slightly follow the script by the way. Finally, we managed to film the torture scene in the film studio which was mostly improvised but it still went along with the script so it would make sense when we edit it. We had to come in on a day we didn't have media since the day we shot the torture scene was the earliest we could book the film studio and that took one hour, also.
Once we had completely finished filming, we went into the editing process which I have put under "The Edit" section on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment